Sales on Soviets
Now like any discerning wargamer I am partial to a good deal and when I saw that a local store (well not so local but I digress) Milsims was selling the Tanks: Modern Age starter set for $10 aud when buying ten or more you had to be sure I was going to buy ten of the buggers.
This lucky haul plus a Team Yankee starter set and a BMP company starter that they just had lying around when I went to go pick up my order came together to create a lovely T-64 battalion.
![]() |
| In all its cheap cheap glory |
Because of the way that this army has been put together it is not the most optimised army ever but it does match my idea of what would be hitting NATO armies after the first offensive actions. Half strength companies of tanks with smaller companies of infantry in second line IFVs was exactly what I was thinking of when this list came together. The frogfoots could have been fitters but I had two left over and two came in the starter box so it was cheaper to run them and they fill out 14pts so well worth for a force like this.
I was a little unsure of the BMP-1, the design always sat second best the the BMP-2 in my eyes. But after building nine of each the 1 is so nice to put together. I was slamming one out in under three minutes at one stage. It was just so nice to get them together quickly.![]() |
| The full list |




Comments
Post a Comment