Games day 15/11/25

Last weekend I was able to get some games of Team Yankee in and I must say that I am hooked on the system. It was fun, fluid and deadly in a way that Games Workshop games used to feel. Morale mechanics are desperately enjoyed in this ruleset. 


For the first game I played my ANZACs and my opponent borrowed my Soviet force. We played contact and had a blast. I struggled with my leopards to get through the T-64s front armour, I even had the misfortune of not getting a successful reserve roll to get my Abrams into the fight. I was able to get the win after a misplay and my ambushing infantry platoon ended up taking one of the objectives uncontested. 






 

We re-racked and then played another game, this time breakthrough. This was a hard fought victory for the ANZACs. My lovely opponent began to use the T-64s as they were intended and began to rush quite quickly into my lines. This time my Abrams arrived in the nick of time and I was able to smash through the Soviet lines and break his formation for the win. Problem with this game is that I didn’t get any pics. 


The next game was a change of pace. This was game three after six hours of continuous combat. By time I realised we both wanted a third game I knew that I was hooked. 

This time I took my Ukrainians for a spin. We played free for all, with my T-80s splitting up with one flank supported by my infantry and the other with my artillery and recon elements. I was sending rounds down range consistently but I just could not stop the Soviet horde from cutting me down. 

















Overall I had a blast and am looking forward to playing more games in the future, I have ideas of what to add to all of the armies and am working furiously to get my Americans done to try the Bradley’s out. 

-Connor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling in love with new old games (Team Yankee)

When inspiration hits

Sales on Soviets